BEST OF TAHOE 2014
FROM – www.7×7.com
There’s probably nothing better than the mountains in summer. The days are hot and sunny and the nights are cool with that perfect temperature for sleeping in a tent. Lake Tahoe really comes alive in the summer months with various outdoor sports and special events. Even though this list could go on ad infinitum, we narrowed it down to the top 50.
1. Kayak to Fannette Island, hike up to the tea house and jump off the rocks into Emerald Bay
2. Hit a few golf balls into the water at Edgewood and then go snorkeling to find them again
3. Get an all-over tan on the nude beach at Secret Cove.
4. Hike to the top of Mount Tallac for views of Fallen Leaf Lake, Cascade Lake, Desolation Wilderness, and South Lake Tahoe.
5. Bring a picnic for the Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival’s production of As You Like It at Sand Harbor.
6. Grab a beer and chat with the locals at the Genoa Bar (Nevada’s Oldest Thirst Parlor) in Genoa.
7. Hike from Emerald Bay to Lester Beach on the Rubicon Trail.
8. Paddleboard from King’s Beach to Crystal Bay on the North Shore.
9. Find your balance at the Wanderlust yoga festival at Squaw Valley.
10. Go kayak or boat camping at the Emerald Bay Boat-In Campground.
11. Go Euro and get a crepe at Coffeebar in Truckee or a gelato at Where We Met café in Tahoma.
12. Fly along the water on a jet ski from Tahoe Sports.
13. Hike to the top of Mount Rose and a get a view of Reno/Sparks, Carson City, Washoe Valley, and all of Lake Tahoe.
14. Hike or mountain bike portions of or the entire 165-mile Tahoe Rim Trail.
15. Knock back a few Tahoe cocktails: the Wet Woody at Gar Woods, the Summertime Sangria at the Ritz-Carlton at Northstar, or the Crystal Bay Cooler at the Lone Eagle Grille at the Hyatt.
16. Tube the Truckee river through downtown Reno.
17. Jump off the rocks into the cold, blue water in the Lake Tahoe Nevada State Park.
18. Admire some beautiful boats at the Concours d’Elegance.
19. Get the beer sampler and a Bad Ass Pizza at the Brewery in South Lake Tahoe. Eat on the outside deck.
20. Take the ferry and then hike the Echo Lakes Trail into Desolation Wilderness.
21. Hang glide off the top of Slide Mountain with Thermal Sky Sports.
22. After all the hiking and biking, get deep tissue or foot massage at Mountain Lotus Yoga.
23. Go shopping in downtown Truckee.
24. Jump off the Donner Lake public docks at sunset.
25. Kayak from Sand Harbor to the Thunderbird Lodge.
26. On a hot day, enjoy the spray from Eagle Falls, Glen Alpine Falls, and Horsetail Falls.
27. Go green and stay at the Basecamp Hotel in South Lake Tahoe.
28. Hike along a portion of the 2,650 mile Pacific Crest Trail.
29. Drink wine and play bocce at the Truckee River Winery.
30. Parasail over the North Shore.
31. Go backpack camping in Desolation Wilderness.
32. Have an evening picnic at Nevada Beach.
33. Head down to Reno for Artown.
34. Stay at the Camp Richardson Cabins before heading to Baldwin and Kiva beach.
35. Go camping at D.L. Bliss State Park.
36. Take a sunset sail on the Tahoe Cruz or the Woodwind II.
37. Bike from Sugar Pine Point to Tahoe City on the bike path.
38. Pretend you’re a viking warrior while touring the Vikingsholm Castle in Emerald Bay.
39. Get together 12 of your best friends and stay at the Tahoe Castle.
40. Enjoy the sound of the river while drinking a beer at the Bridgetender in Tahoe City.
41. Go river rafting on the Truckee in Tahoe City.
42. While in Reno, bike along the Tahoe Pyramid Bikeway.
43. Get interactive with your kids at the Nevada Discovery Museum in downtown Reno or the KidZone Museum in Truckee.
44. Explore the North Shore in a kayak.
45. Have a waterfront view while you dine at the Riva Grill or Christy Hill.
46. Get high above the lake in a hot air balloon.
47. Sleep close to nature in the rustic Clair Tappaan Lodge on Donner Summit.
48. Hike to the top of the paved Stateline Fire Lookout trail with the kids.
49. Chow down on an ice cream cone from the Camp Richardson Resort ice cream parlor.
50. Get some great gifts at Gaia-Licious Gifts or Jai Yen Treasures.
Read more at http://www.7×7.com/tahoe/50-things-do-tahoe-summer#xbhlEJe3PaWg6bFq.99
Dickson Realty Truckee Tahoe – TAHOE LUXURY REAL ESTATE GROUP
Deals on Luxury Homes in the Lake Tahoe / Truckee MLS Tahoe area, don’t hesitate to give us a call (530) 448-9830 anytime for a list of high-end properties in the Tahoe MLS.
TAHOE / TRUCKEE LUXURY PROPERTY LINK (207 Listed over Active Listings $1,000,000 – Million+ dollars): http://tsierra.paragonrels.com/publink/default.aspx?GUID=282754f5-8e57-41f8-a008-e5c5528d654a&Report=Yes
If you would like to tour any of these properties or have questions give us a call at (530) 448-9830.
NEW LISTING at Donner Lake – 16494 Fawn Street – Offered at $715,000
This Grand Mountain Home (completely remodeled in 2003) is located in one of the most desirable areas at Donner Lake. Situated on a private street close to the trail head and a short walk to the Owner’s Beach on the Lake. This Majestic home has high cathedral ceilings an open floor plan with custom Carlisle wide plank hardwood pine floors with lots of nature light giving it a warm and bright mountain feel ~ Move In Ready! With 3 large bedrooms, 2½ bathrooms (one on every floor), a large living room that opens up to a well appointed kitchen and dining area. The kitchen has slab granite counters and stainless steel appliances all new in 2003. Over 2487 square feet of grand living space, this home is large enough for all your family and friends. With a large deck and dramatic mountain views great for those family gatherings
Come and see the value in this great mountain home!
MLS # 20140265
Here is a link to our Virtual Tour: http://www.visualtour.com/show.asp?T=3242525
Click Here For More Information: 16494 Fawn Street, Truckee CA 96161
COME AND SEE THE HGTV DREAM HOME IN TRUCKEE, CA
Tours of the beautiful HGTV Dream Home 2014 at Schaffer’s Mill will begin Thursday, January 9th and continue every Thursday-Sunday from 10am to 4pm through February 16th.Tickets to tour the home are $20 each and available online at www.schaffersmill.com/hgtvdreamhome. All proceeds from tour ticket sales will benefit the Tahoe Forest Health System Foundation.
Schaffer’s Mill, a 475-acre, 400-homesite gated community and private club located just east of Truckee, was chosen by HGTV as the location for the 2014 HGTV Dream Home this past summer. HGTV built and decorated the beautiful 3,200-plus square foot cabin at Schaffer’s Mill. The Dream Home was revealed on HGTV on Wednesday, January 1st during a one-hour show. The network will then give the home away to one lucky winner through its HGTV Dream Home 2014 Giveaway.
“I recently toured the Dream Home and it is amazing,” said John Marlin, Managing Partner for Schaffer’s Mill. “If you have an opportunity to tour the home, I highly recommend it. Not only, is the architecture and decorating incredible, but the proceeds from tour ticket sales benefit a local Tahoe/Truckee charity — the Tahoe Forest Health System Foundation.”
The HGTV Dream Home 2014 was designed by Truckee-based Ward-Young Architects and was built by Tanamera Builders. Blending traditional and contemporary forms, the home is designed with two wings: a living wing and a bedroom wing with large expanses of glass and sliding door systems to create transparent and direct connection between indoors and outdoors.
Past locations for the HGTV Dream Home include Kiawah Island, South Carolina in 2013, Park City, Utah in 2012, Stowe, Vermont in 2011 and Sandia Park, New Mexico in 2010. The 2013 HGTV Dream Home Giveaway drew over 77 million entries, with the grand prize of a Kiawah Island HGTV Dream Home, a brand-new GMC Acadia Denali and $500,000 cash.
The Schaffer’s Mill community features home sites from the $200’s, Mountain Lodges from the $900’s and estate homes and luxury cabins from $1.2 million. Open since 2008 and named after the “Father of Truckee,” George Schaffer, Schaffer’s Mill pays homage to Mr. Schaffer, his ideals and vision.
Schaffer’s Mill is a private Golf and Lake Club. Memberships are available to those living inside or outside of the community. A Schaffer’s Mill Golf & Lake Club membership includes:
- Access to the award winning John Harbottle and Johnny Miller golf course
- Use of the North Village Clubhouse with fine dining, private locker rooms, resort-style pool and an expansive fitness facility
- Use of the 48-foot club yacht on Lake Tahoe
- A private Lake Club at Jake’s on the Lake
- Wintertime fun with Schaffer’s Mill Base Camp at Northstar providing ski-in/ski-out convenience
- Private club shuttle
New Martis Partners acquired the former Timilick property in January 2011 and immediately set about to rebrand and reposition the community. New Martis Partners is a Dallas-based real estate development firm specializing in the creation of beautiful, family-oriented communities. The firm’s multi-disciplined leaders have more than 75 years of experience behind their vision to create communities with lasting value.
Regester to win the HGTV Dream Home: http://www.hgtv.com/dream-home/hgtv-dream-home-2014-giveaway-enter/index.html or call Greg at (530) 448-9830
About Tahoe Forest Health System Foundation
Tahoe Forest Health System Foundation is the philanthropic incubator for innovative and creative advancement of Tahoe Forest Health System. Funds from ticket sales will support the Wellness Neighborhood programs and their mission to fund community initiatives. The Wellness Neighborhood programs reflect their partnerships with community based organizations. Their goals are to increase access to health care services, strengthen our ability to focus on important health care issues, and to optimize our community’s health.
Greg Poulsen – Luxury Property in Lake Tahoe / Truckee
11500 Donner Pass Road
Truckee, CA 96161
CA DRE#: 01426653
Cell #: (530) 448-9830
Fax #: (866) 528-7861
Office #: (530) 550-5026
E- Mail: Greg@TahoeHomeHunter.com
TRUCKEE / LAKE TAHOE HGTV HOME GIVE AWAY
HGTV has chosen Schaffer’s Mill in Truckee California as its next location for its Dream Home giveaway. For more pictures and the floorplan go to: http://www.hgtv.com/dream-home/hgtv-dream-home-2014-rendering-and-floor-plan/pictures/index.html
“It’s validation that this market is where people want to be,” said Jim Matoska, president of sales and marketing for Schaffer’s Mill. “You can’t just replace properties like Schaffer’s Mill or areas like Lake Tahoe, which are just so unique. HGTV recognized that and did their research. It certainly benefits the whole area. More people are becoming aware of what we already know — that Tahoe is a unique lifestyle.”
It is the 18th year of the cable network giveaway, which last year garnered more than 80 million entries for the Kiawah Island, S.C., giveaway home. Previous homes have been located across the county in Sonoma, Calif.; Jackson Hole, Wyo.; Camden, Maine; and three in Florida.
“I have been responsible for scouting the location for every HGTV dream home since the beginning,” said Jack Thomasson, HGTV house planner. “I really scour the country each year for the place that I feel is our next-best location.”
He has scouted the Lake Tahoe area several times but could never find the right location, until this spring when he heard about Schaffer’s Mill.
It is less than 20 miles from popular Lake Tahoe attractions and have several ski resorts less than 30 minutes away. USA Today named Lake Tahoe one of the best lakes in the United States in 2012.
Thomasson said he liked Schaffer’s Mill’s philosophy of responsible growth and connection it made to the best parts of the region such as the lake and ski resorts.
Truckee / Lake Tahoe Summer Music Festival in theTruckee Donner Regional Park, Truckee CA – Every Wednesday
Event Dates: June 08, 2013 – August 25, 2013
Wednesday night music in the park is one of Truckee’s most treasured summer events for residents and visitors alike. Put on by the Truckee Donner Recreation and Park District, this local favorite showcases regional bands in a beautiful amphitheater located at Regional Park in Truckee, CA.
Music goes from 6:30 to 8 p.m. every Wednesday during the summer months. Families and friends come early to spread out blankets and chairs on the lawn, picnic, drink wine, and socialize in the beautiful Truckee summer evening. The magnificent scenery and community spirit is something that you can only experience in this small town amphitheater surrounded by aspen and pine trees, the Truckee River, and the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
Visitors and locals alike are welcome to come and experience this special Truckee event and are encouraged to bring their food and beverages to enjoy while watching favorite regional bands such as Jo Mama, The Deckheads, and Montana perform. Wednesday night music in the park is always a favorite event and you are sure to never be disappointed.
Admission Fee: free
Ages Event is Appropriate For: all ages
NEW LISTING in Tahoe Donner at 14657 Tyrol Road priced at $695,000, great home for 2 families.
- Built in 1993
- 2727 Sq. Ft.
- Backs up to Greenbelt (great for the kids)
- Stainless Steel Appliances with Brand New Granite Counters (just installed)
- One of the best locations in Tahoe Donner
- Only minutes from Trout Creek, The Lodge and The Tahoe Donner Ski Hill
Most Furniture is for sale out of escrow, excluding selected items (ie; TVs, Artwork and some furniture)
Here is a link to the Virtual Tour:http://www.visualtour.com/show.asp?t=3032816&prt=10003
For more information please don’t hesitate to give me a call (530) 448-9830
For single family homes SOLD in the Truckee / Lake Tahoe area, total active declined 6% from January to February, and actual sales prices were up, both average prices (+10%) as well as median prices (+24%). For condos/townhomes, total active inventory declined by 4%, average sales prices were down 12%, but median prices were up 8%. Much of the limited, new inventory coming on the market is snatched up quickly as there is a pent-up demand from buyers who have missed out in previous multiple-offer situations. We anticipate this will continue for at least the next couple of months as we don’t expect any substantial increase in inventory until the winter ski season is over and inventory that has been on ski leases possibly comes on the market.
Market Profile Report – Truckee/Lake Tahoe
I hope this information is useful to you in your decision making process for buying or selling a home. Please contact me for more market statistics or market information.